Voskobulova NI, Neverov АА, Yaichkin VN.
Research was carried out according the plan of reasearch scientific works on 2019-2021 yy. FSBSI FRC BST RAS (No 0761-2019-0004)
The effectiveness of pre-sowing treatment of seeds of spring barley with growth regulators
in conditions of moisture deficiency
N I Voskobulova1, А А Neverov1, V N Yaichkin 2
1 Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
2Orenburg State Agrarian University (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. The use of plant growth regulators with anti-stress activity, allows to increase the resistance of agricultural crops to adverse environmental factors.
The objective of the research was to study the effect of pre-sowing treatment of seeds of spring barley by growth regulators on its productivity in the arid conditions of the steppe zone of Orenburg region. Field studies were carried out according to the method of B.A. Dospekhov. A day before sowing, seeds of barley (Natalie variety) were treated with growth regulator Fitosporin-M, Zh extra; Mival-Agro, Gummi-20 M potash, Extrasol, Fitosporin-M, Zh fungi-bactericide; Borogum-M complex, Borogum-M molybdenum. During the growing season according to plant development phases, the dynamics of the productive moisture in the soil, the accumulation of the above-ground mass, and the formation of grain yield were monitored. Structural analysis of grain yield was done.
In variants of seed treatment with growth regulators, the dry matter content in the aerial mass, number of plants per unit area and number of productive stems increased. In the variants of treatment with Gumi-20 M potassium and Fitosporin-M, fungi-bactericide, the number of grains per ear increased by 2.7 and 0.9 pcs. and the mass of grain by 0.06 and 0.03 g, compared with the control, respectively.
Under conditions of soil moisture deficiency and high average daily temperatures, grain yield was low – 6.6–8.7 centners per hectare. The difference between seed treatment options was insignificant. The variant with the Borogum-M molybdenum treatment showed a noticeable increase +1.0 centners per hectare in yield with respect to the control.
Key words: fodder production, spring barley, Natalie variety, growth regulators, Fitosporin-M, Zh extra; Fitosporin-M, F fungi-bactericide; Extrasol, Mival-Agro, Gummi-20 M potash, Borogum-M complex, Borogum-M molybdenum, dry matter, productive stems, grain yield.
- Skorokhodov VYu, Kaftan YuV, Mitrofanov DV, Zhizhin VN. Influence of complex concentrated organomineral fertilizer «Gumat» on the yield of spring wheat on chernozem soil of the southern Orenburg Cis-Urals. (Conference proceedigs) State, prospects of economic and technological development and environmentally safe production in agricultural sector: materials of Intern. scientific-practical conf. Orenburg, 2010:499-503.
- Voskobulova NI, Novikova AA. Use of growth-regulation chemical and desiccants in seed production of sugar sorghum. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2013;2(80):126-130.
- Davletshin FM, Safin KhM, Ayupov DS. Use of a biological product Fitosporin in the cultivation of spring wheat in the southern forest-steppe of the Republic of Bashkortostan. Achievements of science and technology of the agro-industrial complex. 2010;10:12-14.
- Kadyrov SV, Konovalov NN. Harvest and quality of spring soft wheat, depending on the treatment of seeds and plants with growth stimulants and micronutrient fertilizers in the forest-steppe Central Chrnozem Region. Bulletin of Voronezh State Agrarian University. 2009;2(21):7-15.
- Kirsanova E., Daryuga K. Application of the growth regulator Mival-Agro for the treatment of pea seeds. Chief agronomist. 2009;12:17-20.
- Loboyko LI, Shershnev AA, Melnikova TA. The influence of bios-mulators on the productivity of grain corn. Corn and sorghum. 2003;4:11-12.
- Prokhorova LN, Volkov AI, Kirillov NA. Responsiveness of corn hybrids to the use of plant growth and development regulators. Vestnik of Ulyanovsk State Agricultural Academy. 2015;2(30):24-28. doi: 10.18286/1816-4501-2015-2-24-28
- Sokolov AA, Vinogradov DV, Kryuchkov MM. The impact of presowing treatment of barley seeds with biological products on plant productivity. International Technical and Economic Journal. 2015;5:93-99.
- Soroka TA, SchukinVB, Karakulev VV. The effect of trace elements, fertilizers based on humic acids and growth regulators on the productivity of sowing and quality of winter wheat grain. IZVESTIA Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2012а;3(35):51-53.
- Soroka TA. The influence of growth regulators and microelements on yield and grain quality of winter wheat. IZVESTIAOrenburg Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2012б;1(33):42-44.
- Shukin VB, Kharitonova SV, Pavlova OG, Abaimov VF. Productivity and quality of spring wheat grain after using growth regulators and trace elements in the technology of its cultivation The yields and quality of spring wheat grain as affected by the use of growth regulators and microelements. IZVESTIA Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2012a;3(35):36-39.
- Shapoval OA, Vakulenko VV, Prusakova LD. Plant growth regulators. Plant protection and quarantine. 2008;12:53-88.
- Shukin VB, Karakulev VV, Bibikova AN. Influence of Rizotorphin, growth regulators and microelements on chickpea yield. IZVESTIA Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2012б;2(34):40-42.
- Davletshin FM, Gil’manov RG, Safin KhM, Ayupov DS Efficiency of Fitosporin-M, Zh on biofungicide on spring wheat under direct sowing. Achievements of science and technology of agriculture. 2014;2:39-40.
- Ahmad I, Basra SMA, Wahid A. Exogenous application of ascorbic acid, salicylic acid and hydrogen peroxide improves the productivity of hybrid maize at low temperature stress. Int. J. Agric. Biol. 2014;16(4):825-830.
- Anjum SA, Wang LC, Farooq M, Hussain M, Xue LL, Zou CM. Brassinolide application improves the drought tolerance in maize through modulation of enzymatic antioxidants and leaf gas exchange. J. Agron. Crop Sc. 2011;197(3):177-185. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-037X.2010.00459.x
- Batool A, Wahid A, Farooq M. Evaluation of aqueous extracts of moringa leaf and flower applied through medium supplementation for reducing heat stress induced oxidative damage in maize. Int. J. Agric Biol. 2016;18(4):757-764. doi: 10.17957/IJAB/15.0163
- Berbara RLL, García AC. Physiological Mechanisms and Adaptation Strategies in Plants Under Changing Environment. Humic Substances and Plant Defense Metabolism. Ahmad P, Wani MR, editors. New York: Springer. 2014;1:297-319. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8591-9_11
- Errington J. Regulation of endospore formation in Bacillus subtilis. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2003;1:117-126. doi: 10.1038/nrmicro750
- Kumar B, Lamba JS, Dhaliwal SS, Sarlach RS, Ram H. Exogenous application of bio-regulators improves grain yield and nutritional quality of forage cowpea (Vigna unguiculata). Int. J. Agric. Biol. 2014;16(4):759-765.
- New Ag International [Internet]. Biocontrol in Asia: Gaining momentum! Seed treatments with biologicals: a new and promising frontier. 2015. Available from: http://dunhamtrimmer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Biocontrol-in-Asia-Gaining-Momentum.pdf
- PCC. Climate Change Synthesis Report Contribution of Working Groups I. II and III to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.Geneva: IPCC, 2014:151 р.
- Yánez-Mendizabal V, Viñas I, Usali J, Cañamás T, Teixidó N. Endospore production allows use of spray-drying as a possible formulation system of the biocontrol agent Bacillus subtilis CPA-8. Biotechnology Letters. 2012;34(4):729-735. doi: 10.1007/s10529-011-0834-y
- Zandalinas SI, Mittler R, Balfagón D, Arbona V, Gómez-Cadenas A. Plant adaptations to the combination of drought and high temperatures. PhysiologiaPlantarium. 2018;162(1):2-12. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/ppl.12540
Voskobulova Nadezhda Ivanovna, Cand. Sci. (Agr.),Leading Researcher, Head of Department Fodder Technologies, Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460051, Orenburg, Russia, 27/1Gagarin Avenue, tel.: 8(3532)43-46-90, cell phone: 8-919-864-34-40, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neverov Alexander Alekseevich, Cand. Sci. (Agr.),Leading Researcher of DepartmentFodderTechnologies,Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460051, Orenburg, Russia, 27/1Gagarin Avenue, tel.: 8(3532)43-46-90, cell phone: 8-919-861-84-18, e-mail: email@example.com
Yaichkin Vladimir Nikolaevich, Cand. Sci. (Agr.), Associate Professor, Head of the Department for Technology of Storage and Processing of Agricultural Products, Orenburg State Agrarian University, 460014, Russia, Orenburg, 2 Malo-Torgovy lane,tel./fax: 8(3532)77-21-80, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received: 28 May 2019; Accepted: 17 June 2019; Published: 28 June 2019