Beregovaya NG, Gerasimenko VV, Nikulin VN, Babicheva IA.
Synthetic zeolite NaX as a feed additive for broiler chickens
N G Beregovaya1, V V Gerasimenko2, V N Nikulin2, I A Babicheva2
1Branch of the Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research Institute) named after
I.М. Gubkina in Orenburg(Orenburg, Russia)
2 Orenburg State Agrarian University (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. The study is devoted to the use of synthetic zeolite type NaX in the feed of broiler chickens. Before testing, the safety of feed additives and feedstuffs was studied. The results of the express biotest of synthetic zeolite type NaX and zeolite-containing feed showed that they are non-toxic. The first scientific and economic experiment consisted in growing of four groups of broiler chickens fed with different quantity of synthetic zeolite NaX. In the process of growing, live weight was estimated; the number of erythrocytes, leukocytes, hemoglobin concentration, total protein content, fractional composition of proteins were determined in the blood of broiler chickens. The maximum increase in live weight of broiler chickens by the end of the growing was observed in group 2 after the introduction of synthetic zeolite of the type NaX in the amount of 50 g per 1 kg of feed. This indicator was higher compared to the control by 4.9 %, relatively experienced groups 1.3 – by 1.3 and 0.3 %, respectively. Hematological parameters of broiler chickens of all experimental groups were within the physiological standard. As a result of studies of various doses of zeolites in the composition of feed, data were obtained on the optimal dose of synthetic zeolite type NaX – 5 %. In the course of the second scientific and economic experiment, a physiological experiment (digestion trial) was conducted on the effect of zeolite in feed composition on the digestibility of nutrients. Digestion trial in the study of digestibility of feed nutrients showed an increase in the assimilation of protein and fiber in the body of broiler chickens by 2.4 and 6.4 %, respectively.
Key words: broiler chickens, feeding, digestibility of feed, zeolite, general toxicity, protein metabolism, sorbent.
- Beregovaya NG, Gerasimenko VV. Protein metabolism in broiler chickens fed by the food with an addition of the spent zeolite NaX from Orenburg gas chemical complex. Herald of Tver State University. Series: Biology and Ecology. 2018;1:38-46.
- Brek D. Zeolite molecular sieves. Moscow: Mir; 1976: 781 p.
- Golokhvast KS, Panichev AM. Zeolites: review of biomedical data. Life Sciences Advances. 2009;1:118-152.
- GOST 26226-95. Feed, mixed fodder, feed raw materials. Methods for the determination of raw ash. Introduction 01.01.1997. Minsk, 2003. 5 p.
- GOST 31674-2012. Feed, mixed fodder, feed raw materials. Methods for determining the overall toxicity. Introduction 01.07.2013. Moscow: Standardtinform; 2014. 15 p.
- GOST 32044.1-2012. Feed, mixed fodder, feed raw materials. Determination of the mass fraction of nitrogen and the calculation of mass fraction of crude protein. Part 1. The Kjeldahl method. Introduction 01.07.2014. Moscow: Standardtinform; 2014. 11 p.
- GOST 32905-2014. Feed, mixed fodder, feed raw materials. Method for determination of crude fat content. Introduction 01.01.2016. Moscow: Standardtinform; 2015. 11 p.
- Fisinin VI, Egorov IA, Okolelova TM, Imangulov ShA. Feeding of poultry: monograph. Sergiev Posad; 2004:375 p.
- Kubasov AA. Zeolites in catalysis: today and tomorrow. Soros Educational Journal. 2000;6(6);44-51.
- Matyushina LI, Prikhodko VI. Determination of the general toxicity of feed using protozoa. Proseedings Federal center of animal health care. 2007;V:431-442.
11.Natural zeolites of Russia. V. 1. Geology, physico-chemical properties and application in industry and environmental protection: mes. report Rep. meeting. (Conference proceedigs). Belitsky IA, Fursenko BA, editors. November 25-27, 1991, Novosibirsk. Novosibirsk, 1992:171 p.
- Natural zeolites of Russia. T. 2. Biomedical properties and use in agriculture: mes. report Rep. meeting (Conference proceedigs). Belitsky IA, Fursenko BA, editors. November 25-27, 1991, Novosibirsk. Novosibirsk, 1992:103 p.
- Elliot MA, Edwards HM. Comparison of the effects of synthetic and natural zeolite on laying hen and broiler chicken performance. Poult. Sci. 1991;70(10):2115-2130. doi: https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0702115
- Fisinin VI, Miroshnikov SА, Sizova ЕА, Ushakov АS, Miroshnikova ЕP. Metal particles as trace-element sources: current state and future prospects. World's Poultry Science Journal. 2018;74(3): 523-540. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0043933918000491
- Jawahar S, Nafar A, Vasanth K, Musthafa MS, Arockiaraj J, Balasundaram C, Harikrishnan R. Dietary supplementation of Zeolite on growth performance, immunological role, and disease resistance in Channa striatus against Aphanomyces invadans. Fish & Shellfish Immunology. 2016; 51:161-169. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fsi.2016.02.019
- Kalashnikov V, Zajcev A, Atroshchenko M, Kalinkova L, Kalashnikova T, Miroshnikov S, Frolov A, Zav'yalov O. The content of essential and toxic elements in the hair of the mane of the trotter horses depending on their speed. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2018;25(22):21961-21967. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-018-2334-2
- Kvan OV, Gavrish IA, Lebedev SV, Korotkova AM, Miroshnikova EP, Serdaeva VA, Bykov AV, Davydova NO. Effect of probiotics on the basis of Bacillus subtilis and Bifidobacterium longum on the biochemical parameters of the animal organism. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2018;25(3):2175-2183. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-017-0534-9
- Lebedev SV, Gavrish IA, Galaktionova LV, Korotkova AM, Sizova EA. Assessment of the toxicity of silicon nanooxide in relation to various components of the agroecosystem under the conditions of the model experiment. Environmental Geochemistry and Health. 2018;41(2):769-782. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10653-018-0171-3
- Miazzo R, Rosa CAR, Carvalho De Queiroz EC, Magnoli C, Chiacchiera SM., Palacio G, Saenz M, Kikot A, Basaldella E, Dalcero A. Efficacy of synthetic zeolite to reduce the toxicity of aflatoxin in broiler chicks. Poult. Sci. 2000;79(1):1-6. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/79.1.1
- Miroshnikov S, Bolodurina I, Arapova O, Parfenov D. Development of an intelligent system of complex diagnostics of human bioelement status. In: Integrating Research Agendas and Devising Joint Challenges. International Multidisciplinary Symposium ICT Research in Russian Federation and Europe; 2018 Oct 15-20; Stavropol-Dombay: North-Caucasian Federal University; 2018.P. 214-221.
- Papaioannou D, Katsoulos PD, Panousis N, Karatzias H. The role of natural and synthetic zeolites as feed additives on the prevention and/or the treatment of certain farm animal diseases: A review. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. 2005;84(1-3):161-170. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2005.05.030
- Wu QJ, Zhou YM, Wu YN, Wang T. Intestinal development and function of broiler chickens on diets supplemented with clinoptilolite. Asian Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 2013;26(7):987-994. doi: https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2012.12545
Beregovaya Natalya Gennadievna, Senior Lecturer at the branch of «Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research Institute) named after I.М. Gubkin», 20 Yunykh Lenintsev St., Orenburg, Russiaб 460047, tel.: 8(3532)62-94-21; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerasimenko Vadim Vladimirovich, Dr. Sci (Biol.), Professor, Department of Chemistry, Orenburg State Agrarian University, 18 Chelyuskintsev St, 460014, Orenburg, Russia, tel./fax: 8(3532)77-52-30; e-mail: email@example.com
Nikulin Vladimir Nikolaevich, Dr. Sci (Agr.), Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Biotechnology and Environmental Management, Orenburg State Agrarian University, 18 Chelyuskintsev St, 460014, Orenburg, Russia, tel./fax: 8 (3532)77-52-30, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Babicheva Irina Andreevna, Dr. Sci (Biol.), Professor, Head of the Department of Chemistry, Orenburg State Agrarian University, 18 Chelyuskintsev St, 460014, Orenburg, Russia, tel./fax: 8(3532)77-52-30, e-mail: email@example.com
Received: 14 June 2019; Accepted: 17 June 2019; Published: 28 June 2019