V D Milchevsky, L M Polovinko, F G Kayumov, E D Kushch, A V Emelyanenko, A V Krys’ko, N P Gerasimov
About informatization of selection in beef cattle breeding
V D Milchevsky1, L M Polovinko2, F G Kayumov3, E D Kushch2, A V Emelyanenko2,
A V Krys’ko3, N P Gerasimov3
1Federal Science Center for Animal Husbandrynamed after Асademy Member LK Ernst (Dubrovitsy, Moscow region, Russia)
2Agricultural Production Co-operative – breeding farm «Druzhba» (Voznesenovskoe village, Stavropol Krai, Russia)
3Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. The importance of new mathematical methods in breeding of beef cattle has been noted due to the computerization of breeding business. Works of Russian and foreign scientists on the improvement and creation of new, mathematically sound methods of animal breeding and the expediency of a wide penetration of computer software into breeding of animals are stated. Such works have appeared in practice. The results of testing of an automated workplace ARM Breeder-2005 msk were described, the application of it enables the automatic sorting of all primary data on selection and obtaining information for breeding events based on that guidance. ARM Breeder-2005 msk can analyze breeding records, give a signal about the degree of hybridization, issue animal cards in any form with any combination from 2 to 205 attributes, can evaluate animals according to a set of user-defined characteristics, taking into account the characteristics specified by the user, give the ratings of animals according to the complex signs using mathematical methods with elements of forecasting (as a result of such an evaluation, each animal of the selected herd gets its rating, that is, its place in the herd according to the whole complex of traits). It is possible to estimate sires and mothers according to the quality of progeny (as a result of such an assessment, each producer gets his rating for each attribute of the offspring and rating according to a set of signs of the descendants, while separately information about reliable comprehensive improvers and worsens is given). According to the majority of the selected indicators, the results of the evaluation according to this method significantly exceed the results of the evaluation of beef cattle according to the accepted class assessment.
Key words: beef cattle, breeding work computerization, breeding by a complex of traits, assessment of bulls by progeny.
- Amerkhanov KhA. Theoretical and organizational-technological basis of the functioning information-analytical system of beef cattle breeding in Russia. [dissertation]. Lesniye Polyany; 2001. 328 p.
- The database. The concept of a database. Types of databases. Objects for working with databases. Data types in Access databases and tables. Basic elements and concepts of databases [Internet]. Available from: https://works.doklad.ru/view/FfkwkzslUGo.html (access date: 05/20/2019).
- Milchevsky VD, Lukshin SA. Breeder-2005: Certificate of official registration of the computer program 2007611563 Rus. Federation. Applic 03.04.07; publ. 13.04.07.
- Legoshin GP. The main directions of increasing the efficiency of beef cattle breeding in Russia. Achievements of science and technology of the agro-industrial complex. 2014;9:49-51.
- Litvina NV. Beef cattle breeding: experience of foreign countries. Bulletin of the Russian State Agrarian Correspondence University. 2017;25(30):86-91.
- Mymrin SV. The development of animal husbandry breeding in the Russian Federation: the role of the regional information breeding center in the system of breeding work. Agrarian Herald of the Urals. 2017;2(156):37-41.
- Amerkhanov KhA, Dunin IM, Sharkaev VI, et al. The procedure and conditions for carrying out the assessment of purebred beef cattle. Moscow: FSBSI Rosinformagroteh; 2012. 37 p.
- Amerkhanov KhA, Belousov AМ, Kayumov FG, Dzhulamanov KM, Dubovskova MP, Tyulebaev SD, Gabidulin VM, Gerasimov NP, Iskanderova AP, Kushch ED, Aduchiev BK, Bolayev BK, Barinov VE, Dunin IM, Sleptsov II, Ilina EN. Recommendations for evaluating bulls of meat breeds by their own productivity and quality of progeny. Orenburg, 2018. 24 p.
- Sinitska OO. Selection of a supplementary index for evaluating the breeding dairy and milk and meat breeds. Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of National Research of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine. 2018;120:135-142. doi: 10.32900/2312-8402-2018-120-135-142.
- Smirnova MF, Safronov SL, Smirnova VV. A practical guide for beef cattle breeding: manual. St. Petersburg, 2016. 320 p.
- Khaynatsky VYu. Assessment of sires of beef breeds by the quality of progeny. Zootechniya. 1990;9:20-24.
- Shendakov AI. Management of the selection and genetic process in animal husbandry in Russia: theory, practice and development prospects. Biology in agriculture. 2014;1:2-18.
- Ernst LK. Large-scale breeding in livestock. Achievements of science and technology of the agro-industrial complex. 1989;2:28-30.
- Pristupa VN, Kaz’min AV, Kolosov AYu, Pristupa EN, Babkin OA. The effectiveness of specialized computer programs in beef cattle breeding. Veterinary pathology. 2014;3-4(49-50):86-91.
- Donoghue KA, Rekaya R, Bertrand JK. Comparison of methods for handling censored records in beef fertility data: Field data. Journal of Animal Science. 2004;82(2):357-361. doi: https://doi.org/10.2527/2004.822357x
- Trendov NM, Varas S, Zeng M. Digital technologies in agriculture and rural areas: Briefing Paper. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations; 2019. 18 p.
Milchevsky Victor Dmitrievich, Dr. Sci (Agr.), Senior Researcher,Department of Genetics, Breeding of Farm Animals and Livestock Technology, Federal Science Center for Animal Husbandry named after Academy Member LK Ernst, 142132, Moscow region, Podolsk, Dubrovitsy, 60, tel.: +7(4967)65-11-60, e-mail: email@example.com
Polovinko Lyubov Mikhailovna, Cand. Sci (Agr.), Agricultural Production Cooperative – breeding farm «Druzhba», 356710, Stavropol Krai, Apanasenkovsky district, Voznesenovskoe village, 3ShosseynayaSt., cell phone: 8(909)434-54-65, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kayumov Foat Galimovich, Dr. Sci. (Agr.), Professor, Head of the Scientific Direction, Head of the Laboratory of New Breeds and Types of Beef Cattle Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Januarya St.; tel.: 8(3532)43-46-76, cell phone 8-987-341-75-80, е-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kushch Yevgeny Dmitrievich, Cand. Sci (Agr.), Zoo engineer, Chairman, Agricultural Production Cooperative – breeding farm «Druzhba», 356710, Stavropol Krai, Apanasenkovsky district, Voznesenovskoe village, 3ShosseynayaSt.
Emelyanenko Alexander Vladimirovich, Chief Livestock Specialist, Agricultural Production Cooperative – breeding farm «Druzhba», 356710, Stavropol Krai, Apanasenkovsky district, Voznesenovskoe village, 3ShosseynayaSt.
Krysko Anna Vladimirovna, SeniorLaboratoryAssistantResearcher,Department for Beef Cattle Breeding, Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Januarya St
Gerasimov Nikolay Pavlovich, Cand. Sci (Agr.), Senior Researcher, Department for Beef Cattle Breeding, Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Januarya St, e-mail: email@example.com
Received: 19 August 2019; Accepted: 16 September 2019; Published: 30 September 2019