A V Shuvaev
Isolation of a protein concentrate from solutions of herbal cell juice
A V Shuvaev
Siberian State Transport University (Novosibirsk, Russia)
Summary. The traditional processes of fodder cooking, canning and using often lead to the loss of a significant part of the contained nutrients. Currently, a significant role is given to the development of highly efficient technologies for the production of dry green fodder by means of artificial dehydration. There are two fundamentally important areas: high-temperature drying and pressing of green mass. The disadvantage of the first is high energy intensity. The second has the advantage - energy costs are reduced several dozen times. However, cell juice obtained by pressing of green feed contains significant amounts of nutrients, the basis of which is protein. The disadvantage of cell juice as a food product is its high water content and storage instability. There is a task of rapid processing of cell juice. The thermal method of coagulation of cell juice protein is uneconomical and, in addition, degrades the protein-vitamin characteristics of feed products. Promising in this regard may be chemical methods, for example, processes of salting out protein from a solution of herbal juice by electrolyte additives.
Protein concentrate samples were obtained by adding a series of electrolytes to a solution of herbal cell juice. The results of elemental and atomic absorption analysis showed the presence of metal ions in the amounts in excess of the background content. Samples of protein concentrate isolated from cell juice solutions by the addition of copper (II) sulfate or calcium chloride comply with sanitary standards for copper and calcium in feed for farm animals.
Key words: herbal cell juice, salting out of the protein by electrolytes, thermo coagulation of vegetable protein, protein concentrate, dry green feed.
- Aniskin VI. Energy-saving technology for the production of granular protein-vitamin feed. Technique in agriculture. 2005;1:33-37.
- Temporary maximum residues level of some chemical elements and gossypol in feed for farm animals. OIL of the USSR State Agro-Industrial Committee No. 123-4/281-87. Moscow, 1987: 1-2.
- Kireeva VV. The technology of complex processing of plant materials to obtain food protein supplements. News of institutes of higher education. Food technology. 2004;5-6:50-52.
- Umbetov ЕS, Utkin LA, Omarov RA, Osmonov ID.The conveyor heliodryer with cross current of the heat carrier. International Journal of Applied and Fundamental Research. 2016:1-1:19-22.
- Kudryashova NS. Physical and colloidal chemistry: a textbook and workshop for secondary vocational education. Moscow: Yurait Publishing House; 2018. 379 p.
- Kalashnikov AP, et al.Standards and diets of farm animals: Ref. book. 3rd ed., rework. and add. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 2003: 456 p.
- Petenko AI, Koshchaev AI. Concentrate from alfalfa juice. Poultry breeding. 2005;5:28-29.
- Polukhin A, Abdulkerimov S. Economic aspects of an assessment of efficiency of consumption of energy in agriculture. Agricultural Economics of Russia. 2014;7:46-52.
- Popov VV. CPI: better less, but better. Agricultural Review. 2014;6(46):60-64.
- Revyakin EL. Efficiency of resource-saving technologies in crop production. Machinery and Equipment for Rural Area. 2013;9(195):18-22.
- Novikov YuF, et al. Recommendations on the use of cell juice, protein paste and dry protein concentrate from green plants in feeding farm animals. Zaporozhye, 1985: 27 p.
- Koshchaev AI, Petenko AI, Plutachin GA. A method of obtaining a feed additive from plant juice: US Pat. 2233597 Ros. Federation. Claim 15.11.02; Publ. 10.08.04. Bull. Number 22.
- Terpilovsky KF, Primakov NS. The effect of the temperature of the drying agent on the quality of protein-vitamin concentrate. Reports of the All-Union Academy of Agricultural Sciences named after Lenin VI. 1975;7;44-45.
- Khismatullina ZN. Methods of fractionating a mixture of proteins into individual proteins. Herald of Kazan Technological University. 2013;16(21):212-217.
- Tsuglenok NV, Matyushev VV, Tsuglenok GI.Power efficiency increase of the technical facilities use for green plant moisture squeezing by means of power supply system constructive perfection. Bulletin of KrasGAU. 2012;5:305-311.
- Shevtsov AA, Drannikov AV, Derkanosova AA, Korotaeva AA. Vegetative mass of plants, as untraditional source of protein. Actual biotechnology. 2013;1(4):38-40.
- Shuvaev AV. Isolation of the protein fraction from solutions of fodder's cell juice by adding electrolytes. Science and education: new time. [Internet]. 2018;5(28):138-144. Available from: https://articulus-info.ru/category/06-00-00-selskohozyajstvennye-nauki/?tag=5-sentyabr-oktyabr-2018-g.
- Yakovlev DA.Theoretical studies of juicing by screw operating device with extra drainage contour. VestnikofDonStateTechnicalUniversity. 2011;V.11. 7(58):997-1004.
Shuvaev Alexander Vasiljevich, Cand. Sci. (Chemistry), Associate Professor of Chemistry Department, Siberian State Transport University, 630049, Novosibirsk, Russia, 191 Dusi Kovalchuk St., tel.: 8-953-867-00-20, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received: 31 Jule 2019; Accepted: 16 September 2019; Published: 30 September 2019