V N Bagrintseva, I N Ivashenenko
Influence of weather conditions on efficiency of nitrogen fertilizer for corn green mass
V N Bagrintseva, I N Ivashenenko
All-Russian Research Institute of Corn (Pyatigorsk, Stavropol Territory, Russia)
Summary. The effect of different nitrogenous fertilizer doses (N30-120) on the yield of green mass of early-maturing corn hybrid Mashuk 185 MV was studied in the field experiment on ordinary chernozem of sufficient moistening zone of Stavropol region. It was revealed that the dependence of the yield growth on fertilizer is determined not only by the nitrogen dose, but also by the amount of precipitation in June-July. The coefficient of the linear dependence of nitrogen fertilizers efficiency on the amount of precipitation and the hydrothermal coefficient (HTC) increases established with an increase in the dose of nitrogen. The correlation coefficient dependence of the efficiency of nitrogen fertilizers on the amount of precipitation and hydrothermic coefficient increases with nitrogen dose increasing. Thus, the correlation coefficients of precipitation in June, July, the periods June-July and yield increase of green mass were: after a dose N30 – from 0.22 to 0.47; N60 – 0.34-0.54; N90 – 0.37-0.54; N120 – 0.64-0.83. The precipitations of July were crucial for obtaining the greatest yield increase of green mass with the applying of nitrogen doses N60-120 (r=0.54-0.81). A significant strong linear correlation of hydrothermic coefficient in July, June-July and the magnitude of the yield increase of green mass was registered after N120 (r=0.78). The effectiveness of a high dose of nitrogen N120 depends on precipitation and hydrothermic coefficient to the greatest extent. The effect of low dose fertilizer N30 on precipitation in June and July did not have a significant effect, it indicates its stable efficiency. It was proposed to choose nitrogen doses based on the weather forecast for June-July.
Key words: corn, nitrogen fertilizers, precipitation, hydrothermic coefficient, HTC, yield increase, dependence, Stavropol Territory.
- Agafonov EV, Batakov AA. The use of fertilizers for hybrids with different maturity. Corn and sorghum. 2000;3:6-7.
- Ageev VV, Podkolzin AI. Fertilizer system in crop rotation of the South of Russia: manual for university students of agron. specialties. 2. ed., Rev. and add. Stavropol: Stavropol. SAA; 2001. P. 191-201.
- Akinchin AV, Kuznetsova LN, Linkov SA. Formation of yield and quality of corn silage depending on the methods of primary tillage and fertilizers. Corn and sorghum. 2012;3:18-20.
- Bagrintseva VN, Ivashenenko IN. The effect of doses of nitrogen fertilizer on productivity of corn hybrids (Zea mays L.). Problems of agrochemistry and ecology. 2018;1:13-18.
- Bagrintseva VN, Sukhoyarskaya GN. Efficiency of ammonium nitrate, ammophos and ammonium nitrate phosphate fertilizer in the cultivation of corn. Problems of Agricultural Chemistry and Ecology. 2008;4;24-26.
- Bagrintseva VN, Shmalko IA, Ivashenenko IN. Agrotechnical techniques affecting the yield of green mass of corn. Feed Production. 2017;1:27-29.
- Volodarsky NI. The biological basis of corn cultivation. Moscow: Kolos, 1975.211 p.
- Dospekhov BA. Methodology of field experience. 4th ed. and add. Moscow: Kolos; 1979. 416 p.
- Toloraya TR, Lavrenchuk NF, Chumak MV, Malakanova VP. Corn. Agrotechnical foundations of cultivation on chernozems of the Western Ciscaucasia. Vasyukov PP; Romanenko AA, Science Editors. Krasnodar, 2003. P. 70-91.
- Nikitin VV, Navalnev VV. The effect of prolonged use of fertilizers on productivity and quality of corn. Corn and Sorghum. 2016;1:32-35.
- Semina SA, Inyakhin AG. The productivity of corn depending on the methods of cultivation. Fodder Production. 2013;6:15-17.
- Stulin AF. The effect of fertilizer types on corn productivity in Voronezh region. Corn and Sorghum. 2012;1:19-24.
- Taran DA. Productivity of corn hybrids depending on sowing and feeding with nitrogen and potassium humate on leached chernozem of the Western Ciscaucasia: author. dis. ... Cand. Agr. Sciences. Krasnodar, 2013. 24 p.
- Usanova ZI, Shalnov IV. The influence of the background of mineral nutrition and standing density on the size and quality of the crop of an early ripening hybrid of corn in the Upper Volga. Fodder Production. 2013;2;21-23.
- Mingalev SK, Zezin NN, Namyatov MA, Laptev VR, Surin IV. The formation of green mass yeild and grain productivity of corn hybrids at different sowing dates in the conditions of the Middle Urals. Fodder Production. 2013;9:29-31.
- Shakhov MS, Potaturina NV. Are fertilizers needed for corn. Corn and Sorghum. 1996;2:22.
- Shelganov II, Voronin AN. Peculiarities of the mineral nutrition of corn. Corn and Sorghum. 2008;4:10-11.
- Schukina VV. The effect of mineral fertilizers on corn yield on silage. The main ways to increase soil fertility in the Stavropol Territory: scientific. works SRIAGR. Stavropol, 1982:77-79.
Bagrintseva Valentina Nikolaevna, Dr. Sci. (Agr.), Professor, Chief Scientific Co-Worker, acting Head of the Department of Corn Cultivation Technology, All-Russian Research Institute of Corn, 357528, Pyatigorsk, Russia, 14b Ermolova St, tel .: 8(8793)97-60-67, e-mail: email@example.com
Ivashenenko Ivan Nikolayevich, Cand. Sci. (Agr.), Leading Researcher at the Corn Cultivation Technology Department, All-Russian Research Institute of Corn, 357528, Pyatigorsk, Russia, 14bErmolova St, tel .: 8(8793)97-60-67, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received: 23 Jule 2019; Accepted: 16 September 2019; Published: 30 September 2019