N I Tarabukin, F G Kayumov, N P Gerasimov, R F Tretyakova
UDC 636.087.72 (571.56)
Digestibility of nutrients of diet, nitrogen and mineral metabolism of young cattle of the Yakut,
Kalmyk and Simmental breeds under conditions of Yakutia
N I Tarabukin1, F G Kayumov2, N P Gerasimov2, R F Tretyakova2
1 Yakutia State Agricultural Academy (Yakutsk, Russia)
2 Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. The successful development of beef cattle breeding in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) largely depends on the correct choice of breed for breeding in specific climatic and economic conditions. This requires the identification of potential breeds by establishing the rate of their growth, determining the biological characteristics of livestock.
This research experiment was carried out with the aim of studying the digestibility of nutrients and metabolism in the body of calves of the Yakut, Simmental and Kalmyk breed under the same conditions of keeping and feeding. The studies were conducted on three groups of calves of the Yakut, Simmental and Kalmyk breeds.
To control the physiological state at the beginning and end of experiments from each group, blood of three animals was examined, and clinical indicators were measured (body temperature, respiratory rate, pulse). The studied feed was of average quality. At the same time, experimental animals maintained a good appetite, satisfactorily digested the nutrients of the diet. Since the amount of feed taken and the content technology were the same, the increase in the digestibility rate of nutrients is due to the difference in breed of experimental bulls. A positive balance of nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus indicates a normal course of metabolic processes in the body of experimental animals. Body temperature, pulse rate and respiration were within physiological standards. Species differences are not significant.
Key words: beef cattle breeding, young cattle, breed, feeding, digestibility, metabolism, Yakutia.
- Abramov AF. Ecological and biochemical fundamentals of feed production and rational use of pastures in Yakutia. Novosibirsk, 2000. 205 p.
- Rakhimzhanova IA, Levakhin VI, Galiev BKh, Shubin AN. Nitrogen and mineral metabolism of young cattle after use of growth-stimulating drug in the diet. Izvestia Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2012;5(37):129-132.
- Shirnina NM, Galiev BKh, Kartekenov KSh, Kayumov FG, Rakhimzhanova IA. Influence of different content of unsaturated fatty acid on exchange of mineral substances and nitrogen at bulls rearing for meat. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2013:4(82):81-85.
- Dorotyuk EN. Kalmyk cattle and ways to improve it. Moscow: Rosselkhozizdat; 1981. 144 p.
- Kayumov FG, Eremenko VK. Kalmyk cattle in the conditions of South Urals and Western Kazakhstan. Orenburg: Gazpromprint; 2001. 383 p.
- Lebedev PT, Usovich AT. Research methods for animal feed, organs and tissues. 3rd ed., Revised and add. M.: Rosselkhozizdat; 1976. 398 p.
- Levakhin GI, Duskaev GK. Digestibility of nutrients and energy use of diets by animals of different breeds. Feeding of farm animals and fodder production. 2010;11:13-17.
- Methods of veterinary clinical diagnosis: reference book. edited by prof. Kondrakhina IP. Moscow: KolosS; 2004. 520 p.
- Kalashnikov AP, et al.Standards and diets of farm animals: Ref. book. 3rd ed., rework. and add. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 2003: 456 p.
- Miroshnikov SA, Kharlamov AV, Zavyalov OA, Frolov AN, Kudasheva AV, Zelepukhin AG, Zaveryukha AKh, Litovchenko VG.Peculiarities of formation of cattle elemental composition due to efficiency and belonging to some gender and age group. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2015;4(92):94-99.
- Chugunov AV, Tikhonov NN, Darbasov VR, et al. Productive livestock in Yakutia: textbook. manual for students of higher institutions. under the editorship of Acad. AN Rep. Sakha (Yakutia), prof. Chugunova AV. Moscow: KolosS; 2009. 454 p.
- Romanov PA. Improvement of cattle in Yakutia. Yakutsk: Prince Publishing House; 1978. 152 p.
- Sleptsov II, Chugunov AV, Ilyina EN. Tasks of intensification of growing young meat in Yakutia. Achievements of science and technology of the agricultural sector. 2017;31(2):52-54.
- Sleptsov II, Chugunov AV, Tarabukin NI, Mukhin VV, Machakhtyrova VA, Ilyina EN, Machakhtyrov GN. Accounting and evaluation of meat productivity of livestock. (Conference proceedigs). Agrarian science: challenges and prospects. Yakutsk, 2018:64-69.
- Chugunov AV. Simmentalized cattle of Yakutia. Yakutsk: Prince Publishing House; 1981. 139 p.
Tarabukin Nikolay Il'ich, Applicant, Yakutia State Agricultural Academy, 677007, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Yakutsk, Russia, Sergelyahskoe highway 3 km, 3,tel.: (4112)36-52-01;tel.: +79245952646, е-mail: email@example.com
Kayumov Foat Galimovich, Dr. Sci. (Agr.), Professor, Head of the Scientific Direction, Head of the Laboratory of New Breeds and Types of Beef Cattle Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Januarya St.; tel.: 8(3532)43-46-76, cell phone 8-987-341-75-80, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Gerasimov Nikolay Pavlovich, Cand. Sci (Agr.), Senior Researcher, Department for Beef Cattle Breeding, Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Januarya St, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tretyakova Ruzia Foatovna, Specialist of Department for Beef Cattle Breeding, Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences», 460000, Russia, Orenburg, ul. 9 Yanvarya, 29, tel.: 8-912-358-96-17, e-mail: email@example.com
Received: 23 August 2019; Accepted: 16 September 2019; Published: 30 September 2019