Improving the efficiency of using Holstein bulls of Red Spotted color improving milk productivity
in the breeding herd
Egor Ya Lebedko
Bryansk State Agrarian University (Bryansk, Russia)
Summary. The article presents an analytical assessment of efficiency of using Holstein Red bulls in the herd of the collective farm “Pamyat Lenina” of Bryansk region. It was noted that mothers of bulls of the Vis Back Ideal line 1013415 (9703 ± 142 kg) were the best in milk yield and the line of Reflection Sowering 198998 (4.26 ± 0.006%) were the best by mass fraction of fat. According to the regions of selection, the highest yield of milk was observed among mothers of bulls from the Netherlands (9840 ± 140 kg) and Canada (9512 ± 128 kg). According to the mass fraction of fat in milk of mothers, the best bulls were considered from the Netherlands (4.24 ± 0.007%). The purposeful use of Holstein bulls allowed increasing the milk productivity of cows in the herd by 12.3%; fat content of milk - by 0.09-0.11%. In the herd of breeding farm, the leading bulls were identified, which had the greatest influence on the increase in milk yield of the daughter cows: Fantastic-M 462490; Fanetto-M 466098; Elise-M 35278572; Amistar-M 420284358. The milk yield of their daughters after the first lactation was 6504-6913 kg of milk. The obtained results provide an objective basis for the possible control of the breeding process in the breeding herd in the direction of increasing the milk yield of cows and the content of fat and protein in milk.
Key words: sire, cows, Holstein breed, Red Spotted breed, line, milk yield, milk fat, heritability.
- Adzhibekov KK, Erokhina NI. Milk productivity of Holstein crosses in Volga region. Zootekhniya. 1997;6:6-9.
- Anbaza YuV. Semen quality and reproductive ability of bulls in the conditions of Krasnoyarsk Territory. [dissertation] Krasnoyarsk; 2019: 145 p.
- Babkova NM, Bodrova SV, Muradyan NA. Comparative evaluation of milk productivity of the red-motley breed cows of different lines in JSC «Tubinsk». Bulletin of KrasGAU. 2016; 1(112):141-145.
- Lebedko EYa, Khokhlov AM, Baranovsky DI, Getmanets OM. Biometry in MS Excel: instruction. St. Petersburg: Publishing House "Lan’"; 2018: 172 p.
5.Golubkov AI, Shadrin SV. Popov FV. Morphological and functional properties of udder of Red Spotted cows. Establishment of new breeds and types of animals in Siberia: scientific works. KRASNIPTIZH. Krasnoyarsk: Znak Publishing House; 2001: 57-64.
- Dunin IM, Lozovaya GS, Adzhibekov KK.The Red-and-White cattle breed, its area and use for milk production in the Russian Federation. Zootechniya. 2016;2:2-4.
- Ermilov AN, Bardyukov AM, Amelin AI. The breeding value of sires of Holstein breed of different selection. Zootekhniya. 2007;8:8-9.
- Neyaskin NN. Economic and biological characteristics of Red Spotted cattle and their crosses obtained from Holstein bulls of Dutch selection. [dissertation] Saransk; 2011: 145 p.
- Plokhinsky NA. Guide for livestock biometrics for zootechnicians. Moscow: Kolos; 1969: 256 p.
- Prudov A.I., Baltsanov AI, Breeding of Red Spotted breed of dairy cattle. Moscow: Kolos; 1994: 188 p.
- Dunin IM, Prudov AI, Adzhibekov KK, Prokhorenko DG. Ways to improve the livestock of Red Spotted dairy breed. Zootekhniya. 2003;4:2-4.
- Velmatov AP, Guryanov AM, Velmatov AA, Neyaskin NN. Improving of red-colored cattle with Holstein sires of holland selections. Achievements of Science and Technology of AIC. 2010;3:42-44.
- Amerkhanov Kh, Boshlyakov V, Yanchukov I, et al. Improving bulls assessment – the way of genetic progress in cattle breeding. Dairy and Beef Cattle Breeding. 2007;2:21-23.
- Strekozov NI. Simmentals are a breed of the 21st century. LivestockofRussia. 2002;4:14-15.
Lebedko Egor Yakovlevich, Dr. Sci (Agr.), Professor, Bryansk State Agrarian University, 243365, Bryansk Region, Vygonichsky District, s. Kokino, 2a Sovetskaya street, , tel. 8-915-534-19-63, e-mail: email@example.com
Received: 6 November 2019; Accepted: 16 December 2019;Published: 31 December 2019