Chechenikhina OS, Stepanov AV, Bykova OA, Aksenova ON
The impact of duration of service period of cows on indicators of their productive longevity
Olga S Chechenikhina1, Alexey V Stepanov1, Olga A Bykova1, Olga N Aksenova2
1Ural State Agrarian University (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
2 Branch of JSC “Uralplemcentr” in Chelyabinsk Region (Chelyabinsk, Russia)
Summary. The aim of the study was to analyze the influence of the duration of service period of cows on indicators of their productive longevity. Research work was carried out on cows of Black Spotted breed of the breeding herd in Chelyabinsk region. The age and causes of retirement of animals from the herd, as well as their milk productivity and the period of economic use depending on the duration of service period are analyzed. The duration of service period of cows of the first lactation in the breeding herd has a sufficiently large variability. This indicator needs additional attention from specialists of the zootechnical service. The retirement age of animals from the herd is negatively correlated with the duration of the service period: when the service period is reduced to 60 days and below, the retirement age of cows increases to 4.05 lactations. When the service period is reduced to 60 days or less, the probability of animals leaving due to udder diseases, difficult births and complications increases. At the same time, the percentage of cow disposal as a result of cowshed is reduced to 1.9%. Animals with an extended service period (more than 200 days) were more likely to drop out due to arthritis, diseases of the genitals, less-due to old age. Lifetime milk yield of cows with an average service period (60-100 days) exceeds the milk yield of other animals by an average of 3.4%, the content of fat and protein in milk-by 27.4 and 25.1 kg, respectively, in terms of indicators. Therefore, in order to increase the term of productive longevity of cows and their lifelong milk productivity, the duration of the service period of the milking herd in the range from 60 to 100 days should be observed.
Key words: cows, Black Spotted breed, service period, reasons of retirement, productive longevity, milk productivity.
- Adzhibekov VK. Long-term economic use and lifetime productivity dropped out herd of rejected cows. Veterinary. 2011;2:54-55.
- Barashkin MI. Productive longevity of cattle in industrial maintenance technology. Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. 2015;1(131):33-37.
- Vinogradova ND, Paderina RV. The influence of some factors on productive longevity of cows. Scientific support for the development of agro-industrial complex in the conditions of reform. (Conference proceedigs) Сollection of scientific works according to the materials of the Intern. scientific-practical conf. prof. composition. St. Petersburg, 2014. Ch. 1: 147-149.
- Donnik I.M., Voronin B.A. Strategic directions for the development of the agrarian economy of modern Russia (Conference proceedigs) Creative Economy: Materials of the XVII All-Russia. scientific-practical conf. Yekaterinburg, 2015. Part 1. P. 185-186.
- Zaytseva OV, Lefler TF, Kurzyukova TA.Production efficiency of milk at different ways of cows keeping. Bulletin of KrasGAU. 2019;4(145):67-74.
- Ivanova IP. Trotsenko IV. The application of selection and genetic parameters in breeding work with dairy cattle. Bulletin of KrasGAU. 2019;3(144):65-70.
- Pellinen AV, Golubkov AI, Golubkov AA, Lefler VK. Sirotinin EG, Mirvaliev FS.Intensive technology of heifers breeding of the Yenisei type of red and motley dairy breed in breeding farm of JSC «Solgon». Bulletin of KrasGAU. 2019;8(149):117-126.
- Kuzmina NV, Koltsov DN. Productive longevity of cows of black-motley breed: theoretical and practical aspects of modern science. (Conference proceedigs) Collection of Scientific works based on the materials of the VII International scientific-practical conf. Jan 31. 2015; Belgorod, 2015;7-2. Part II:55-59.
- Mimrin VS, Mimrin SV, Shavshukova NE. Selection to increase productive longevity of cows – possible. Issues of Legal Regulation in Veterinary Medicine. 2015;2:318-320.
- Kostin OV, Velmatov AP, Neyaskin NN, Tishkin TN. Reproductive qualities of animals of various genotypes. (Conference proceedigs) Materials of the XXII scientific-practical conference of young scientists, graduate students and students of the National Research Mordovian State University named after N.P. Ogareva: Collection of Conf. materials in 3 parts. Saransk, 2019. Ch. 2: 65-67.
- Rudenko OV, Komarova GD .Productive longevity of Red Gorbatovsky cattle in the conditions of preservation of the gene pool: method. recommendations. Nizhny Novgorod: Publishing House "Dyatlovy Gory"; 2017: 44 p.
- Sudarev N, Abylkasymov D, Kotelnikova M, Romanenko A, Suslov A. Factors limiting reproduction in high performance dairy herd. Dairy and Beef Cattle Breeding. 2012;1:19-20.
- Kavardakov VYa, Barannikov AI, Barannikov VA, Kaydalov AF. Current status and innovative-technological processes in dairy cattle breeding in Russian Federation. Proceedings of Nizhnevolzhskiy Agrouniversity Complex: Science and Higher Vocational Education. 2016;1(41):108-114.
- Surovtsev VN, Nikulina YuN.Productive longevity of cows: innovations will help. Livestock of Russia. 2016;1:41-44.
- Gridina SL, Gridin VF, Mymrin VS, et al. Characteristics of breeding and productive qualities of Black Spotted cattle in the regions and republics of the Urals: collective monograph. Yekaterinburg: Ural Dep. RAS; 2018: 78 p.
- Tsymbal EA. The age of the highest lactation and the reasons for culling cows with different life expectancies (Conference proceedigs) Actual problems and prospects for the development of the agro-industrial complex: Russian and foreign experience: Sat. Materials Intern. scientific-practical conf. Omsk, 2019; 201-204.
- Chasovshchikova M.A. Service-period influence on black-marked breed cows milk productivity. Bulletin of KrasGAU. 2012. № 10(73). С. 136-138.
- Chechenikhina OS, Loretts OG. Indicators of productive longevity of black-and-motley breed cows with tethered and unbonded methods of keeping. Agricultural Bulletin of Stavropol Region. 2018;3(31):55-59. doi: 10.31279/2222-9345-2018-7-31-55-59
- Shcepkin SV, Kuznetsov AV, Katalupov AG. About the safety of dairy herds. Dairy and Beef Cattle Breeding. 2014;3:4-6.
Chechenikhina Olga Sergeevna, Cand. Sci. (Agr.), Associate Professor, Director of the Centre for Professional Development of Youth, Ural State Agrarian University", 620075, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 42 K. Liebknecht Street, tel.: 8(343)221-40-42, e-mail: email@example.com;
Stepanov Alexey Vladimirovich, Cand. Sci. (Agr.), Associate Professor, Ural State Agrarian University, 620075, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 42 K. Liebknecht Street, tel.: 8(343)252-72-53, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bykova Olga Aleksandrovna, Dr. Sci. (Agr.), Associate Professor, Head of the Department for Research and Development, Ural State Agrarian University, 620075, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 42 K. Liebknecht Street, tel.: 8(343)221-40-36, e-mail: email@example.com
Aksenova Olga Nikolaevna, Cand. Sci. (Agr.), Chief Livestock Specialist, Head of Branch, Ural Breeding Centre Society, a separate branch in Chelyabinsk Region, 454080, Chelyabinsk, Russia, 75A, Sonya Krivoy Street, tel.: 8(351)265-39-24, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received: 21 November 2019; Accepted: 16 December 2019;Published: 31 December 2019