Lebedev SV, Miroshnikova EP, Grechkina VV, Muslyumova DM, Kurilkina MYa
The studies were financially supported by the Ministry of Science and Education of the Orenburg Region (Agreement No. 34 of August 14, 2019).
The effect of iron microparticles and the probiotic preparation soya-bifidum on the growth, development and morpho-biochemical parameters of broiler chickens
Svyatoslav VLebedev1,2,Elena P Miroshnikova 2, Victoria V Grechkina1,3, Dina M Muslyumova1,
Marina Ya Kurilkina1
1 Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
2Orenburg State University (Orenburg, Russia)
3Orenburg State Agrarian University (Orenburg,Russia)
Summary. The article studied the combined effect of probiotic preparation of cell culture Bifidobacterium longum in the composition of the soybean-bifidum preparation in a dosage of 0.7 ml / kg of feed and iron nanoparticles (NP) in a dosage of 17 mg/kg on broiler chickens Arbor Acres. From the data obtained, it was found that broiler chickens of the II experimental group, when the probiotic preparation and Fe were combined, showed a significant increase in live weight by 10.16% against the background of a minimum feed consumption rate per 1 kg of production - 1.2 relative to the control bird. The combined effect of the probiotic preparation and NP NP was characterized by an increase in hemoglobin - 9.23%, erythrocytes - 26.53% (P≤0.05), total protein - 10.95% (P≤0.05) relative to chickens in the control group. The absence of pathological changes in the liver, despite an increase in GGT in II experimental group and total bilirubin, is characterized by a decrease in ALT, AST, as well as cholesterol and alkaline phosphatase by 24.3 and 27.5% (P≤0.05), respectively. It has been established that unbound iron is an inducer of lipid peroxidation and protein peroxidation. The level of Fe in the blood serum of chickens of the II experimental group increased by 48.44% (P≤0.05) relative to broilers of the control group. From this, it follows that metals in microparticles, having a low degree of release and rate of assimilation, thereby exclude toxic effects on the body and intestinal microflora. The obtained experimental data indicate the possible optimization of the mineral nutrition of poultry based on the use of Fe microparticles and leveling the load on the intestinal microflora by including soya-bifidum in the diet of the probiotic preparation.
Key words:broilers, feed, probiotic preparation, iron microparticles, blood, growth, development, morphology.
- Lebedev SV, Gavrish IA, Gubajdullina IZ, Shabunin SV. Effects caused by different doses of dietary chromium nanoparticles fed to broiler chickens.Sel’skokhozyaistvennaya Biologiya [Agricultural Biology]. 2019;54(4):820-831. doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2019.4.820eng.
- Sizova EA, Miroshnikov SA, Lebedev SV, Glushchenko NN. The effect of repeated administration of copper nanoparticles on the elemental composition of rat liver. Vestnik of the Orenburg State University. 2012;6(142):188-190.
- Lebedev SV, Gavrish IA, Kwan OV, Rusakova EA, Gubaidullina IZ. The effect of nanoparticles chromium and chromium picolinate on hematological parameters of blood in laboratory animals. Technologies of Living Systems. 2018;15(4):57-61.
- Lebedev SV, Barysheva ES, Malysheva NV. Degree of accumulation and peculiarities of toxic and essential elements interaction in organism of laboratory animals (experimental researches). Vestnik of the Orenburg State University. 2006;2(52):33-35.
- Fisinin VI, Egorov IA, Lenkova TN,Okolelova TM, Ignatova GV, et al. Guidelines for optimizing compound feed recipes for poultry. Moscow: VNITIP; 2009. 80 p.
- Nesterov DV, Sipailova OYu, Lebedev SV. Influence of the sulphate and mikrochastic zinc on exchange toksicheskih elements in bone fabrics cyplyat-broiler. Vestnik of the Orenburg State University. 2012;6(142):176-179.
- Nikitin AYu, Lebedev SV, Grechkina VV. Effect of rovabio enzyme preparation on the digestibility, growth and morpho-biochemical blood parameters of broiler chickens of the Smena-7 cross. Izvestia Orenburg State Agrarian University.2019;2(76):247-249.
- Nikitin AYu, Markova IV, Lebedev SV. Morphobiochemical indicators of broiler blood after correction of diet with triticale and enzymatic preparations Ronozim and Rovabio. Animal Husbandry and Fodder Production.2018;101(1):171-177.
- Miroshnikov SA, Sukhanova ON, Lebedev SV, Kwan OV, Sipailova OYu. Features of the influence of biologically active drugs on the content of chemical elements in the body of laying hens. Vestnik of the Orenburg State University. 2009;6(100):244-248.
- Rusakova EA, Lebedev SV. Influence of phase on growth and energy metabolism in the body of broiler chickens. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2016;2(94):100-107.
11.Sizova ЕА, Miroshnikov SА, Lebedev SV, Levakhin YuI, Babicheva IА, Kosilov VI. Comparative tests of various sources of microelements in feeding chicken-broilers. Sel’skokhozyaistvennaya Biologiya [Agricultural Biology]. 2018;53(2):393-403. doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2018.2.393eng
- Arosio P, Carmona F, Gozzelino R, Maccarinelli F, Poli M. The importance of eukaryotic ferritins in iron handling and cytoprotection. Biochem J. 2015;472(1):1-15. doi: https://doi.org/10.1042/BJ20150787
- Aslam MF, Frazer DM, Faria N, Bruggraber SFA, Wilkins SJ, Mirciov C, Powell JJ, Anderson GJ, Pereira DI. Ferroportin mediates the intestinal absorption of iron from a nanoparticulate ferritin core mimetic in mice. FASEB J. 2014;28(8):3671-3678. doi: https://doi.org/10.1096/fj.14-251520
- Contreras H, Chim N, Credali A, Goulding CW. Heme uptake in bacterial pathogens. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2014;19:34-41. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbpa.2013.12.014
- Hossain MB, Kelleher SL, Lönnerdal B. Maternal iron and zinc supplementation during pregnancy affects body weight and iron status in rat pups at weaning. J Nutr. 2011;141(5):798-804. doi: https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.110.135681
- Huang RL, Yin YL, Wu GY. Effect of dietary oligochitosan supplementation on ileal digestibility of nutrients and performance in broilers. Poultry Sci. 2005;84(9):1383-1388. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/84.9.1383
- Kvan OV, Gavrish IA, Lebedev SV, Korotkova AM, Miroshnikova EP, Serdaeva VA, Bykov AV, Davydova NO. Effect of probiotics on the basis of Bacillus subtilis and Bifidobacteriumlongum on the biochemical parameters of the animal organism. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2018;25(3):2175-2183. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-017-0534-9
- Liu X, Theil EC. Ferritin as an iron concentrator and chelator target. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2005;1054(1):136-140. doi: https://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1345.016
- Lomer MCE, Cook WB, Jan-Mohamed HJB, et al. Iron requirements based upon iron absorption tests are poorly predicted by haematological indices in patients with inactive inflammatory bowel disease. Br J Nutr. 2012;107(12):1806-1811. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114511004971
- Ognik K, Stępniowska A, Cholewińska E, Kozłowski K. The effect of administration of copper nanoparticles to chickens in drinking water on estimated intestinal absorption of iron, zinc, and calcium. Poultry Sci. 2016;95(9):2045-2051. doi: https://doi.org/10.3382/ps/pew200
- Pereira DI, Mergler BI, Faria N. Caco-2 cell acquisition of dietary iron(III) invokes a nanoparticulate endocytic pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(11):e81250. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0081250
- Rusakova E, Kosyan D, Sizova E, Miroshnikov S, Sipaylova O. Comparative evaluation of acute toxicity of nanoparticles of zinc, copper and their nanosystems using Stylonychia mytilus. Oriental Journal of Chemistry. 2015;31(Spl Edn):105-112. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.13005/ojc/31.Special-Issue1.13
- Sizova E, Yausheva E, Kosyn D, Miroshnikov S. Growth enhancement by intramuscular injection of elemental iron nano- and microparticles. Modern Applied Science. 2015; 9(10):17-26. doi: https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v9n10p17
- Wandersman C, Delepelaire P. Bacterial iron sources: from siderophores to hemophores. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2004;58:611-647. doi: https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.micro.58.030603.123811
- Xin W, Xugang S, Xie C, Li J, Hu J, Yin YL, Deng ZY. The acute and chronic effects of monosodium l-glutamate on serum iron and total iron-binding capacity in the jugular artery and vein of pigs. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013;153(1-3):191-195. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12011-013-9668-x
- Zha LY, Zeng JW, Chu XW, Mao LM, Luo HJ. Efficacy of trivalent chromium on growth performance, carcass characteristics and tissue chromium in heat-stressed broiler chicks. J Sci Food Agric. 2009;89(10):1782-1786. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.3656
- Zhao Y, Li L, Zhang PF, Liu XQ, Zhang WD, Ding ZP, Wang SW, Shen W, Min LJ, Hao ZH. Regulation of egg quality and lipids metabolism by zinc oxide nanoparticles. Poultry Sci. 2016;95(4):920-933. doi: https://doi.org/10.3382/ps/pev436
- Zhou X, Wang Y. Influence of dietary nano elemental selenium on growth performance, tissue selenium distribution, meat quality, and glutathione peroxidase activity in Guangxi Yellow chicken. Poultry Sci. 2011;90(3):680-686. doi: https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2010-00977
- Нurrell RF. Safety and efficacy of iron supplements in malaria-endemic areas. AnnNutrMetab. 2011;59:64-66. doi: https://doi.org/10.1159/000332140
Lebedev Svyatoslav Valerevich, Dr. Sci. (Biol.), Deputy Director, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.: 8-912-345-87-38,e-mail: email@example.com; Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology of Animal Raw Materials and Aquaculture, 460018, Orenburg, Russia, Orenburg State University, 13 Pobedy Ave.
Miroshnikova Elena Petrovna, Dr. Sci. (Biol.), Professor, Head of Department of Biotechnology of Animal Raw Materials and Aquaculture, Orenburg State University, 13 Podedy Ave., Orenburg, 460018, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grechkina Victoria Vladimirovna,Cand. Sci (Biol.), Researcher, Laboratory for Biological Testing and Expertise, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., Associate Professor, Department of Noncommunicable Animal Diseases, Orenburg State Agrarian University, 460014, Orenburg, Russia, 18 Chelyuskintsev, St., tel.: 8-922-877-14-97, e-mail: Viktoria1985too@mail.ru
Muslyumova Dina Marselyevna, Cand. Sci (Biol.), Senior Research Assistant of Test Centre CUC, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.:8(3532)30-81-72, e-mail: email@example.com
Kurilkina Marina Yakovlevna, Cand. Sci (Biol.), Researcher, Test Centrе CUC, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.:8(3532)30-81-72, e-mail: K_marina4@mаil.ru
Received: 5 November 2019; Accepted: 16 December 2019; Published: 31 December 2019