Valery Yu Haynatsky
Research was carried out according the plan of research scientific works on 2021-2023 yy. FSBSI FRC BST RAS (No 0526-2021-0001)
BLUP Method of breeding assessment of beef sires
Valery Yu Haynatsky
Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. The efficiency improving of selection and breeding work is possible only based on the use of accurate methods for assessing the breeding value. It allows to determine the genetic potential of animal productivity and predict the productivity of their progeny with a high degree of confidence. There is a need to develop appropriate statistical methods, which based on the productivity of descendants, would make it possible to predict the breeding value of their fathers.
To assess the breeding value of beef sires, the most significant breeding characteristics are determined. An algorithm for calculating the breeding value of producers by the offspring live weight is given. The procedure for constructing linear biometric models, converting the least squares equations into mixed model equations, solving the mixed model equations, obtaining matrices, determining the evaluation of breeding value, and calculating the accuracy of the evaluation is shown.
Key words: beef cattle, predicted breeding value, the method of the best linear unbiased forecast – BLUP, selectional feature, biometric model.
- Amerkhanov KhA, Zinovieva NA. Analiz of national registration certificates and introduction to the system of genetic evaluation of pigs in the USA: method. recommendations. Moscow: Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation; 2008:62 p.
- Zinovieva NA, Klenovitskiy PM, Gladyr EA, Moiseikina LG, Gendzhieva OB. Biotechnological methods in zootechnics and veterinary medicine: monograph. Elista: ZAOr «NPP «Dzhangar»; 2014:256 p.
- Bolgov AE, Romanova EYu. Evaluation of Ayrshire bulls by the method of the best linear unbiased forecast. Agricultural Вiology (Sel'skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya). 2002;4:30-32.
- Ivanov YuA. Sires’ valuation by BLUP-metod. Zootechniya. 2005;6:9-10.
- Plemyashov KV, Labinov VV, Saksa EI, Smaragdov MG, Kudinov AA, Petrova АV. Trial using of BLUP animal model approach in livestock of Leningrad region. Dairy And Beef Cattle Farming. 2016;1:2-5.
- Kornilova VA, Borodkin MV, Sizov YF. Pedigree value assessment of race horses of the russian saddle breed. Izvestia Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2012;2(34):114-117.
- Kuznetsov VM. Genetic evaluation of dairy cattle by BLUP method. Zootechniya. 1995a;11:8-15.
- Kuznetsov VM. Methods of breeding evaluation of animals with an introduction to the theory of BLUP. Kirov: Zonal Research Institute of the North-East; 2003:368 p.
- Kuznetsov VM. The effectiveness of various BLUP models for evaluating bulls on the quality of offspring. Agricultural Вiology (Sel'skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya). 1995b;2:110-116.
- Kuznetsov VM, Shestiperov AA, Egorova VN. Methodological recommendations on the use of the BLUP method for assessing the breeding value of breeding bulls. Leningrad; 1987:69 p.
- Matyukov VS, Pyatkova ZA, Kuznetsov VM. Estimation of bull-breeder by a method of the best linear unbiased pognos (BLUP) in republic of Komi. Agricultural Вiology (Sel'skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya). 2004;2:28-37.
- Moskalenko LP, Bushkaryova AS. Modern methods of analysis and planning selection in a dairy herd. Agroindustrial Complex of Upper Volga Region Herald. 2008;1(1):35-38.
- Kudrik NA, Gorlov AI, Ivina EA, Mokeev IA, Shulga MV. Evaluation of sheep producers by the BLUP SM method. Collection of scientific works of the Stavropol Scientific Research Institute of Animal Husbandry and Feed Production. 2013;1(6):64-68.
- Timkina EYu. The effectiveness of the BLUP method in evaluating bulls by offspring in herds of the Kholmogorskaya breed. [dissertation] Kirov; 2002:120 p.
- Titova SV. Adaptation of the BLUP method for evaluating bull producers in the Republic of Mari-El [dissertation] Saransk; 2008:155 p.
- Khramchenko NM, Romanenko AV. Analysis of changes in the accuracy of the forecast of genetic value according to various statistical models and with a different ratio of variants. Actual Problems of Intensive Development of Animal Husbandry. 2019;22-1:76-84.
- Chinarov YuI, Zinov'eva NA, Ernst LK. Method of breeding evaluation of pigs based on BLUP. Animal Husbandry of Russia. 2007;2:45-46.
- Mel'nikova EE, Yanchukov IN, Zinovieva NA, Kharitonov SN. Efficiency of estimations of cow''s genetic properties based on BLUP procedures. Achievements of Science and Technology of AICis. 2016;30(11):94-96.
Haynatsky Valery Yuryevich, Dr. Sci (Agr.), Leading Researcher, Project Management Laboratory, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.: 89225336759
Received: 12 March 2021; Accepted: 15 March 2021; Published: 31 March 2021Download