The effect of essential amino acids on digestibility of nutrients in various parts of gastrointestinal tract of calves
Research was carried out according the plan of research scientific works on 2019-2021 yy. FSBSI FRC BST RAS (№ 0761-2019-0005)
The effect of essential amino acids on digestibility of nutrients in various parts
of gastrointestinal tract of calves
Victoria V Grechkina, Svyatoslav V Lebedev, Elena V Sheyda, Mikhail М Poberukhin
Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. Proteins, being the material substrate of life, have a number of features that are not peculiar to other organic compounds that ensure the functioning of protein bodies as the basis for growth and development of body. The experiment studied the effect of a mixture of essential amino acids lysine-methionine-threonine-tryptophan on the digestibility of substances and the growth of calves from 9 to 18 months of age. The components of the diet (per 1 kg of feed): I group – 2g of lysine+2 g of methionine+ 3 g of threonine+1 g of tryptophan, II group-3g of lysine+3g of methionine+4g of threonine+2g of tryptophan. The inclusion of a mixture of amino acids in II group was accompanied by an increase in live weight by 11,7% (P≤0,05) due to better use of bacterial nitrogen by 8,3% (P≤0,05), amino acids in the duodenum (3,46%, P≤0,05) than in the I group and by 8,83% (P≤0,05) than in the control group. Thus, the most comfortable concentration of amino acids for metabolism and digestion was the ratio: 3g lysine+3g methionine+4g threonine+2g tryptophan.
Key words: calves, feeding, growth, development, amino acids, protein, digestibility, dry matter.
- Levakhin GI, Miroshnikov IS, Ryazanov VA, Grechkina VV. Activity of digestive enzymes and the amount of digestive juices in calves fed diets containing protein of different quality. Izvestia Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2018;6(74):244-245.
- Aliev AA. Metabolism of ruminants: a monograph. Moscow: SIC «Engineer»; 1997:161-171.
- Batoev TsZh, Bashanova MA, Koturai IA. Enzymatic activity of homogenate of pancreatic tissue of cattle and its adaptation. Vestnik Buryatskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. 2012;4:190-192.
- Vishnyakov SI. Amino acids, their metabolism and use in the nutrition of farm animals. Moscow: Publishing House of Moscow Artists Academy. KA. Timiryazeva; 2011:285 p.
- Golovko E.N. The availability of amino acids in the diet of monogastric animals (Conference proceedings) Amino acid nutrition of animals and the problem of protein resources: materials conf., (Krasnodar, March 23, 2004). Ed. and with the foreword. Ryadchikova VG. Krasnodar: Publishing House Kuban State Agricultural University; 2005:71-118.
- GOST 13496.4-93. Feed, compound feed, feed raw materials. Methods for determining the content of nitrogen and crude protein. Introduction 01.01.1995. Moscow: Standardinform. 1993:17 p.
7 GOST 13496.15-97. Forages, compound feed, raw materials for compound feed. Methods for determining the raw fat content (with Change № 1). Introduction 01.01.1999. Moscow: Standardinform. 1997:19 p.
- GOST 31675-2012. Feeds. Methods for determination of crude fibre content with intermediate filtration. Introduction 01.07.2013. Moscow: Standardinform. 2012:18 p.
- GOST 26226-95. Fodder, mixed fodder and mixed fodder raw materials. Methods for determination of raw ash. Introduction 01.07.1997. Moscow: IPK Standards Publishing. 1995:8 p.
- GOST 26570-95 Fodder, mixed fodder and mixed fodder raw materials. Methods for the determination of calcium. Introduction 01.07.1997. Moscow: IPK Standards Publishing. 1995:16 p.
- GOST 26657-97. Fodders, mixed fodders, mixed fodder raw materials. Methods for determination of phosphorus content. Introduction 01.07.1999. Moscow: Standardinform. 1997:10 p.
- GOST 13496.4-93 Fodder, mixed fodder and animal feed raw stuff. Methods of nitrogen and crude protein determination. Introduction 01.01.1995. Moscow: Izdatel’stvo standartov. 1993:17.
- Krupin EO, Tagirov MSh. The change of activity of enzymes of blood serum, milk producing ability and milk quality under the influence of feed concentrate. Far Eastern Agrarian Herald. 2018;3(47):59-64. doi: 10.24411/1999-6837-2018-13059
- Kulintsev VV. Essential amino acids in feeding young farm animals. Moscow: Publishing House of Moscow Agricultural Academy named after Timiryazev KA.;2011:317 p.
- Lebedev P.T., Usovich A.T. Research methods for animal feed, organs and tissues. Moscow: Rosselkhozizdat;1976:267 p.
- Marynich AP. Use efficiency of high-protein feeds based on soybean in the diets of young stock pigs. Fodder Production. 2013;12:39-43.
- Kosilov VI, Nikonova EA, Bozymov KK, Gubashev NM. Meat productivity of of kazakh white-headed heifers, of Simmental breeds and their crosses. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2014;2(85):20-26.
- Lebedev SV, Gubaidullina EZ, Shaida EV, Grechkina VV. Exchange (uptake and synthesis) of amino acids in the digestive tract of cattle when used in diet different ingredient composition of the feed. The Agrarian Scientific Journal. 2019;4:54-57. doi: https://doi.org/10.28983/asj.y2019i4pp54-57
- Titov VN, Aripovskii AV, Schekotov VV, Schekotova AP, Kukharchuk VV. The oleic triglycerides of palm oil and palmitic triglycerides of creamy fat. The reaction of palmitoylation, potassium and magnesium palmitate, absorption of fatty acids by enterocytes and microbiota of large intestine. Russian Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics. 2016;61(8):452-461. doi 10.18821/0869-2084-2016-61-8-452-461
- Lebedev SV, Kwan OV, Sheida EV, Markova IV, Gubaidullina IZ, Grechkina VV, Korolev VL. Digestion of nutrients in different sections of the gastrointestinal tract depending on protein quality in the calves diet. Animal Husbandry and Fodder Production. 2018;101(4):158-163.
- Razumov VA. Handbook of a laboratory assistant chemist in feed analysis. Moscow: Rosselkhozizdat, 1986. 302 p.
- Miroshnikov SA, Notova SV, Miroshnikov SV, Bolodurina IP, Skalniy AV. Regional features of elemental homeostasis and problem of ecolo physiological adaptation: methodological aspect. Journal of Restorative Medicine Rehabilitation. 2013;6(58):52-55
- Ball RO, Urschel KL, Pencharz PB. Nutritional consequences of interspecies differences in arginine and lysine metabolism. J. Nutr. 2007;137(6):1626S-1641S. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/137.6.1626S
- Huang VJ, Huang HQ, Salam N, Xiao M, Duan YQ, Kim CJ, Li QQ, Chen W, Li WJ. Nocardioides intraradicalis sp. nov., isolated from the roots of psammosilene tunicoides W.C. Wu et C.Y. Wu. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 2016;66(10):3841-3847. doi: 10.1099/ijsem.0.001274
- Kang JX, Wan JBo, He C. Concise review: regulation of stem cell proliferation and differentiation by essential fatty acids and their metabolites. Stem Cells. 2014;32(5):1092-1098. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/stem.1620
- Kimball SR, Jefferson LS. Signaling pathways and molecular mechanisms through which branched-chain amino acids mediate translational control of protein synthesis. J. Nutr. 2006;136(1):227S-231S. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/136.1.227S
- Lebedev SV, Gavrish IA, Gubajdullina IZ, Shejda EV. Effect of ultrafine particles of chromium on growth rates, blood biochemical parameters and activity of digestive enzymes in broilers influence of ultra-disperse CR particles on the organism of broiler chickens. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2019;10(1):215-225.
- Li S, Li X. Leptin in normal physiology and leptin resistance. Sci Bull. 2016;61(19):1480-1488. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11434-015-0951-4
- Lin Z, Long W, Frybarg DA, Barret EJ. The regulation of body and skeletal muscle protein metabolism by hormones and amino acids. J. Nutr. 2006;136(1):212S-217S. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/136.1.212S
- Malesci A, Gala E, Fioretta A, et al. No effect of long-term treatment with pancreatic extract on recurrent abdominal pain in patients with chronic pancreatitis. Scand. J. Gastroenterol. 1995;30(4):392-398. doi: https://doi.org/10.3109/00365529509093296
- Nakamura М, Nomura S, Yamakawa T et al. Endogenous calcitonin regulates lipid and glucose metabolism in diet-induced obesity mice. Scientific Reports. 2018;8:17001. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-35369-5
- Pang J, Xi C, Huang X, Cui J, Gong H, Zhang T. Effects of excess energy intake on glucose and lipid metabolism in C57BL/6 Mice. PLoS ONE. 2016;11(1): e0146675. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0146675
- Tang Q. Lipid metabolism and diseases. Sci. Bull. 2016;61(19):1471-1472. doi: 10.1007/s11434-016-1174-z
- Xie T et al. An ErChen and YinChen decoction ameliorates high-fat-induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in rats by regulating JNK1 signaling pathway. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2017;4603701. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/4603701
- Yang HJ, Yim N, Lee KJ et al. Simultaneous determination of nine bioactive compounds in Yijin-tang via highperformance liquid chromatography and liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry. Integrative Medicine Research. 2016;5(2):140-150. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.imr.2016.04.005
- Zdunczyk Z, Jankowski J, Kaczmareks S, Juskiewicz J. Determinants and effects of postileal fermentation in broilers and turkeys. Part 1: gut microbiota composition and its modulation by feed additives. World’s Poult. Sci. J. 2015;71(1):37-48. doi: 10.1017/S0043933915000045
- Zhou J, Liu H, Zhou S et al. Adaptor protein APPL1 interacts with EGFR to orchestrate EGF-stimulated signaling. Sci. Bull. 2016;61(19):1504-1512. doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11434-016-1157-0
Grechkina Victoria Vladimirovna, Cand. Sci (Biol.), Researcher, Laboratory for Biological Testing and Expertise, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.: 8-922-877-14-97, e-mail: Viktoria1985too@mail.ru
Lebedev Svyatoslav Valerevich, Dr. Sci. (Biol.), Leading Researcher, Laboratory for Biological Testing and Expertises Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.: 8-912-345-87-38, e-mail: email@example.com
Sheyda Elena Vladimirovna, Cand. Sci (Biol.), Researcher, Laboratory for Biological Testing and Expertises, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.: 8-922-862-64-02, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poberukhin Mikhail Mikhaylovich, Dr. Sci. (Biol.), Senior Researcher, Department for Beef Cattle Technology and Beef Production Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and and Agrotechnologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, Russia, 29, 9 Yanvarya St., tel.: 8(3532)30-81-78
Received: 9 June 2020; Accepted: 15 June 2020; Published: 8 July 2020