Mikhail P Mordvintsev, Elena A Soldatkina
Varieties of spring barley selected by Orenburg State Agrarian University and their characteristics
Mikhail P Mordvintsev, Elena A Soldatkina
Orenburg State Agrarian University (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. The article presents the results of selection research on the creation of spring barley varieties at Orenburg State Agrarian University that are well adapted to the arid conditions of most regions of Orenburg region, capable of generating increased grain productivity and resisting adverse environmental factors. A brief history of creation and economic characteristics of “Orenburg sovmestny” variety zoned in Orenburg region (created in conjunction with the Orenburg research Institute) and “Remontni” variety undergoing state testing are given.
Key words: grain, spring barley, selection, variety, yield, stability, plasticity, precocity, Orenburg region.
- Agroclimatic resources of Orenburg region. Bodrikova VN, et al. editors. L.: Gidrometeoizdat, 1971: 120 p.
- Aniskov NI, Popolzukhin PV. Creation of a mid-season variety of spring barley “Siberian avantgard”. Bulletin of the Altai State Agrarian University. 2010;7(69):5-8.
- Besaliev IN, Kryuchkov AG. To the assessment of ecological plasticity spring durum wheat cultivars in hosting basesnoy tillage. Bulletin of the Orenburg Research Center of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (electronic journal). 2014;4:3 p. Available from: URL:http://elmag.uran.ru:9673/magazine/Numbers/2014-4/Articles/ Besaliev-Kryuchkov-2014-4.pdf (date of the application 15.10.2020 g.).
- State Register of Protected Breeding Achievements: electronic version. [Internet] Available from: URL: https://reestr.gossortrf.ru/search/guard (date of the application 15.10.2017).
- Gryaznov AA. Karabalyk barley (feed, cereals, beer). Kostanay: Kostanay printing house; 1996:446 p.
- Dospekhov BA. Field experiment methodology: (with the basics of statistical processing of research results). 5th ed., Add. and revised. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 1985:351 p.
- Zhuchenko AA. Resource potential of grain production in Russia (theory and practice). Moscow: LLC "Publishing house Agrorus"; 2004:1109 p.
- Zhuchenko AA. Present and future of adaptive selection and seed breeding based on identification and systematization of plant genetic resources. Sel’skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya [Agricultural Biology]. 2012;47(5):3-19. doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2012.5.3rus
- Ilyin AV. Selection of spring barley at the Krasnokutsk selection and experimental station: monograph. Saratov: GNU Research Institute of Agriculture of the South-East of Russian Agricultural Academy, EBS IPRbooks; 2011:173 p.
- Ilyin AV. Productivity of early ripening forms of spring barley in arid conditions (Conference proceedings) Coordination Council for the selection and seed production of grain fodder crops: materials of the Intern. scientific-practical conf. (Yekaterinburg, July 24-26, 2019). Cheboksary: Publishing House "Wednesday"; 2019:45-50.
- Krasnova LI et al. Development of cereal drought-resistant crops for the Orenburg region in the OSAU. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2012;75(1):96-99.
- Krasnova LI, Mordvincev MP. Plant breeding and seed production (workshop): textbook. allowance. Orenburg: ITs OGAU, 2015.180 p.
- Methodology for state variety testing of agricultural crops. under total. ed. Fedina MA. Moscow: "Kolos"; 1985:263 p.
- Mordvintcev MP, Soldatkina EA. Adaptability, ecological plasticity and stability of new variety of barley orenburgsky sovmestny according to grain yield. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2016;95(3):128-137.
- Mordvintcev MP, Soldatkina EA. Evaluation of perspective barley lines in the selection process using ecological and genetic crop yields parameters. Izvestia Orenburg State Agrarian University. 2019;6(80):88-92.
- Sown areas, gross harvests and crop yields for 2014: statistical bulletin (official publication). Orenburg: Territorial body of the Federal Service of State Statistics for the Orenburg region, 2015: 112 p.
- Collection of zoned, recommended varieties and test results at the state variety sites of the Orenburg region. Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, Branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution "State variety commission" in the Orenburg region. Orenburg, 2016:116 p.
- The system of farming in the Orenburg region, Zelepukhin AG. et al, editors. Chelyabinsk: South-Ural book publishing house, 1986:240 p.
- Spring barley: Orenburg joint variety. [Internet] Available from: URL: https://reestr.gossortrf.ru/sorts/8755466/(application date 12.11.2020).
- Varietal resources of the Orenburg region. coll. authors; under total. ed. Dr. Agr. Sciences, prof. Kryuchkov AG. Orenburg; 2011:348 p.
Mordvintsev Mikhail Pavlovich, Dr. Sci. (Agr), Leading Researcher of the Research and Development Department of the Orenburg State Agrarian University, Senior Researcher, 460001, Orenburg, Malo-Torgovy Lane, 2, tel. + 7-906-841-63-80, e-mail: email@example.com
Soldatkina Elena Aleksandrovna, Researcher, Research and Development Department, Orenburg State Agrarian University, 460001, Orenburg, Malo-Torgovy Lane, 2, tel. + 7-922-860-94-42
Received: 30 November 2020; Accepted: 14 December 2020; Published: 31 December 2020Download