Kristina S Kondrashova, Dianna B Kosyan, Kseniya N Atlanderova
Research was carried out according the plan of research scientific works on 2019-2021 yy. FSBSI FRC BST RAS (No 0526-2019-0002)
Effect of oak bark extract (Quercus cortex) and a complex of substances inhibitors Quorum sensing on metabolic processes occurring in the gastrointestinal tract of cattle
Kristina S Kondrashova, Dianna B Kosyan, Kseniya N Atlanderova
Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agricultural Technologies of Russian Academy of Sciences (Orenburg, Russia)
Summary. One of trends in the practice of animal feeding in agriculture is the use of antibiotics as feed additives. However, they can have a negative impact on both the microflora of animals and the state of the environment. Therefore, there is a growing interest in finding alternative feed additives. In this regard, the article presents the results of a study conducted to determine the effect of Quercus cortex extract (I experimental group) and a complex of Quorum sensing inhibitors (II experimental group) on the digestibility of the feed substrate and metabolism in cattle, as an alternative feed additives to antibiotics. During the experiment, it was found that substances used positively affect the rate of nitrogen exchange, and an increase in the ammonia content in the rumen of animals of experimental groups I and II was noted to 2.88% and 8.80% (P≤0,001) (after 3 hours); 6.08% and 11.08% (P≤0,001) (after 6 hours), respectively. They also contribute to better digestibility of substances, as a result, the mass of digested dry matter of the experimental groups was superior to the control group by 3.02 % and 9.54 %, protein by 7.28% and 8.23%, fiber by 7.73% and 11.0%, in groups I and II, respectively. In addition, in the course of our research, a positive balance of nitrogen and calcium was established in all the compared groups. The phosphorus metabolism was more strongly influenced by the quorum sensing inhibitor drug than the Quercus cortex extract. At the same time, the deposition of phosphorus in group I compared to the control was higher by 16.99%, and in group II by 19.69%. The positive effect of the studied substances shows their prospects in the practice of animal husbandry.
Key words: cattle, digestibility, Quorum sensing, Quercus cortex extract, feeding, feed additives.
- Krespo K. Amortized composition and a method for increasing the appetite of piglets with its help: рat. 2485801 Ros. Federation. Appl. 11/27/08; publ. 06/27/13, Byul. No. 18.
- Akhazhanov KK. Zooanalysis of feed: textbook. a guide for Agr. specialist. Universities. Almaty: Epigraph; 2016:82 p.
- Bagirov VA, Duskaev GK, Kazachkova NM, Rakhmatullin ShG, Yausheva EV, Kosyan DB, Makaev ShA, Dusaeva KhB. Addition of Quercus cortex extract to broiler diet changes slaughter indicators and biochemical composition of muscle tissue. Sel’skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya [Agricultural Biology]. 2018;53(4):799-810. doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2018.4.799eng
- Ushakov AS, Levakhin GI, Nurzhanov BS, Rysayev AF, Meshcheryakov AG. Effect of feeding with vegetative extract in combination with an enzymatic preparation on element status of ruminal microflora of cattle. Herald of Beef Cattle Breeding. 2017;3(99):120-127.
- Fisinin VI, Ushakov AS, Duskaev GK, Kazachkova NM, Nurzhanov BS, Rakhmatullin ShG, Levakhin GI. Mixtures of biologically active substances of oak bark extracts change immunological and productive indicators of broilers. Sel’skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya [Agricultural Biology]. 2018;53(2):385-392. doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2018.2.385eng
- Kazachkova NM. The impact of Quercus Cortex extract on various types of metabolism in the body of farm animals and poultry (Conference proceedings) Research: theory, methodology and practice: materials of the III Intern. scientific-practical conf. (Cheboksary, November 19, 2017). editorial board: Shirokov ON et al. Cheboksary: Central nervous system "Interactive plus"; 2017b;1:12-14.
- Kazachkova NM. The use of natural antibiotics in the diet of farm animals and poultry (Conference proceedings) Innovative technologies in education and science: materials of the Intern. scientific-practical conf. (Cheboksary, May 7, 2017). editorial board: Shirokov ON. et al. Central nervous system "Interactive plus"; 2017a:14-16.
- Atlanderova KN, Makaeva AM, Duskaev GK, Miroshnikov SA, Sizova EA, Sleptsov II. Feed additive for cattle: рat. 2719921 Rus. Federation. Appl. 09/19/19; publ. 04/21/2020, Buyl. No. 12.
- Lebedev PT, Usovich AT. Research methods for animal feed, organs and tissues. 3rd ed., Rev. and add. Moscow: Rosselkhozizdat; 1976:389 p.
- Lukashik AA, Tashilin VA. Zootechnical analysis of feed: practicum. Moscow: Kolos; 1965:225.
- Makaeva AM, Atlanderova KN. Digestibility of feed nutrients after using bio-stimulant extract of oak cortex (quercus cortex) in vitro. Animal Husbandry and Fodder Production. 2018;101(1):147-153.
- Atlanderova KN, Duskaev GK, Makaeva AM, Muslyumova DM, Kondrashova KS. Cattle rumen microbiome after Quercus Cortex extract. Animal Husbandry and Fodder Production. 2019;102(4):186-197 doi: 10.33284/2658-3135-102-4-186
- Kalashnikov AP et al. Standards and diets of farm animals: Ref. book. 3rd ed., rework. and add. Moscow: Agropromizdat; 2003:456 p.
- Deryabin DG, Galadzhieva AA, Miroshnikov SA, Duskaev GK, Rogachev BG, Pavlov LN. A method of extracting a composition of chemical compounds from solid plant raw materials to suppress zoopathogenic bacteria: pat. 2649812 Rus. Federation. Appl. 12/28/16; publ. 04.04.18, Byul. No. 10.
- 15. Shvindt VI. Influence of Lactobifadol oral dosing on effectiveness of fodder calcium and phosphorus using in organisms of animals. Vestnik Orenburg State University. Application Bioelementology. 2006;2(52):93-94.
- Arowolo MA, He J. Use of probiotics and botanical extracts to improve ruminant production in the tropics: A review. Animal Nutrition. 2018;4(3):241-249. doi: 10.1016/j.aninu.2018.04.010
- Asfour HZ. Anti-quorum sensing natural compounds. Journal of microscopy and ultrastructure. 2018;6(1):1-10. doi: 10.4103/JMAU.JMAU_10_18
- Cobellis G, Trabalza-Marinucci M, Yu Z. Critical evaluation of essential oils as rumen modifiers in ruminant nutrition: A review. Science of the Total Environment. 2016;545-546:556-568. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.12.103
- Cruz OTB, Valero MV, Zawadzki F, Rivaroli DC, Prado RM, Lima BS, Prado IN. Effect of glycerine and essential oils (Anacardium occidentale and ricinus Communis) on animal performance, feed efficiency and carcass characteristics of crossbred bulls finished in a feedlot system. Italian Journal of Animal Science. 2014;13(4):790-797. doi: 10.4081/ijas.2014.3492
- Deryabin DG, Tolmacheva АA. Antibacterial and anti-quorum sensing molecular composition derived from Quercus cortex (oak bark) extract. Molecules. 2015;20(9):17093-17108. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules200917093
- Duskaev GK, Karimov IF, Levakhin GI, Nurzhanov BS, Rysaev AF, Dusaeva H. Ecology of ruminal microorganisms under the influence of quercus cortex extract. International Journal of Geomate. 2019;16(55):59-66. doi: 10.21660/2019.55.4673
- Gaggia F, Mattarelli P, Biavati B. Probiotics and prebiotics in animal feeding for safe food production. International Journal of Food Microbiology. 2010;141(S):S15-S28. doi: 10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2010.02.031
- Hart KJ, Yanez-Ruiz DR, Duval SM, McEwan NR, Newbold CJ. Plant extracts to manipulate rumen fermentation. Animal Feed Science and Technology. 2008;147(1-3):8-35. doi: 10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2007.09.007
- Khan RU, Shabana N, Kuldeep D, Karthik K, Ruchi T, Mutassim MA. Direct-fed microbial: beneficial applications, modes of action and prospects as a safe tool for enhancing ruminant production and safeguarding health. International Journal of Pharmacology. 2016;12(3):220-231. doi: 10.3923/ijp.2016.220.231
- Packiavathy IASV, Priya S, Pandian SK, Ravi AV. Inhibition of biofilm development of uropathogens by curcumin – An anti-quorum sensing agent from Curcuma longa. Food Chemistry. 2014;148:453-460. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.08.002
- Patra AK, Saxena J. A new perspective on the use of plant secondary metabolites to inhibit methanogenesis in the rumen. Phytochemistry. 2010;71(11-12):1198-1222. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2010.05.010
- Ponnusamy K, Paul D, Kweon JH. Inhibition of quorum sensing mechanism and Aeromonas hydrophila biofilm formation by Vanillin. Environmental engineering science. 2009;26(8):1359-1363. doi: 10.1089/ees.2008.0415
- Reti KL, Thomas MC, Yanke LJ, Selinger LB, Inglis GD. Effect of antimicrobial growth promoter administration on the intestinal microbiota of beef cattle. Gut Pathogens. 2013;5:8. doi: 10.1186/1757-4749-5-8
- Valero MV, Prado RM, Zawadzki F, Eiras CE, Madrona GS, Prado IN. Propolis and essential oils additives in the diets improved animal performance and feed efficiency of bulls finished in feedlot. Acta Scientiarum. Animal Sciences. 2014;36(4):419-426. doi: 10.4025/actascianimsci.v36i4.23856
Kondrashova Kristina Sergeevna, Junior Researcher at the Laboratories for Selection and Genetic Research in Animal Husbandry, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agricultural Technologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, 29 9 Yanuarya st., tel.: +79228408002, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kosyan Dianna Bagdasarovna, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), I.O. Head of the Laboratory of Selection and Genetic Research in Livestock Breeding, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agricultural Technologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, 29 9 Yanuarya st., tel.: +79228448915, e-mail: email@example.com
Atlanderova Kseniya Nikolaevna, Cand. Sci. (Biol.), Junior Researcher, Test Centre CUC, Federal Research Centre of Biological Systems and Agricultural Technologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 460000, Orenburg, 29 9 Yanuarya st., tel.: +79228134865, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received: 12 November 2020; Accepted: 14 December 2020; Published: 31 December 2020Download